Coronafeirws a Covid: Llyfr i blant am y pandemig
Welsh language version of Nosy Crow’s FREE information book explaining the coronavirus – or COVID-19 – to children, illustrated by Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler.
A digital book for primary school children, free for anyone to read on screen or print out, about COVID-19 and the measures to control it. Published originally in English by Nosy Crow, the book has had expert input from consultant Professor Graham Medley of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, two head teachers, and a child psychologist.
Since first being published in 2020, the book has been updated and contains extra content on more recent developments such as the vaccine rollout.
The book answers the following key questions in simple language appropriate for 5 to 9 year olds:
- What is Covid (or the coronavirus)?
- How do you catch Covid?
- What happens if you catch Covid?
- Why are people worried about catching Covid?
- How can doctors, nurses and scientists help people with Covid?
- There is a vaccine, what happens next?
- Why are we spending more time at home?
- What’s it like to be at home more of the time?
- What can I do to help?
- What else can I do?
- What’s going to happen next?
More information and the updated English book can be viewed here.
You can see the updated Welsh version by clicking on the View Document button to download.